Thursday, August 25, 2011

How Am I Going To Fit In My Dress?

As I was working on the final touches of my blog and photos regarding my 10 year wedding renewal celebration with my husband I got distracted talking on the phone to a good friend.  We were chatting about how our day was going, upcoming weekend plans, kids, etc.  She proceeded to tell me that she wanted to join a gym so she could feel better about herself because there were many dresses in her closest that she was dying to wear but unfortunately was unable to fit into them.  My friend then asked what I did to stay in shape.  I told her that I overall watched what I ate/drank, did not eat past certain times in the evening and if I did I had to do some form of exercise and worked out at Curves.

"Really?"  "Curves really works?" My response, "Yes, it does." "I have been working out at Curves since 2003 and love it." I have stayed a size 4 for over 10 years and I owe it all to Curves." My friend laughed and truly did not realize that a Curves workout does in fact make you sweat and gets your body into shape. Now of course for those people out there who really know me know that I am very serious about my workout and beauty regimes. As much as I would LOVE to I do not eat in excess the foods that I adore like ice cream, cheesecake, grilled cheese sandwiches, potato chips and candy bars and then expect my Curves workout to work its magic.  I have always worked out and as my body did its natural shifts and changes I finally grew to be happy with my body when I entered college.  It was then that I found a solid workout regime that seemed to work.  As I entered my mid twenties my workout regime was not giving me the same satisfaction. A friend told me about Curves and I too was a bit skeptical but was willing to kept an open mind. Boy am I glad I did because after my first workout at Curves - I was hooked.

It was amazing...for one low monthly fee I was able to work out 6 days a week (both circuit and cardio), have access to a personal trainer, attend Zumba classes (recently added in 2011) and learned helpful tricks to staying on track.  I continually have clients who are trying to lose weight for their wedding so they can fit into their bridal gown or who ask me what my workout routine consists of.  I have told them about Curves and to this day some of them are shocked to know that it works. It is a matter of a lifestyle choice not a one time quick fix to fit into a dress and then go back to ones lifestyle that may have gotten them into not feeling so good about their physical appearance.  It takes hard work and dedication to staying on track with any regime - especially a workout regime.  We as woman spend a lot of time planning the perfect wedding, finding the perfect outfit and pair of shoes - why not spend time planning for your health?

I think Curves gets a bad rap because of the stereotype of a "woman's gym." Not to mention that we may be programmed to think that we need to work out for hours to achieve a better physique.  After being a Curves member for as long as I have I am here to say that Curves is NOT for wimps - and of course you get out what you put in.  It's like anything in life... right?  I truly believe that Curves is one of the best things that has ever happened to me.  Curves has helped me achieve a better positive self image where we live in a day in age where we feel the need to nip and tuck everything.  Curves allowed me to stay fit during some important milestones in my life including while I was pregnant and after I had my son.  I was literally back in all of my size 4 clothes in 2 months - including my bathing suits. I was happy and proud to be out and about :)  By NO means am I saying that I am the fittest of the fit - absolutely not! What I am saying is that I believe Curves works and any woman out there - bride or no bride who is not happy with the way that they look or feel than please call Curves and give them a try. This could be an enhancement to your current workout regime. I want everyone to feel good about themselves and continue to stay healthy... because you are worth it.  I am sure that all of the Curves are fantastic but I am partial to Curves Almaden.  Macie Lea (personal trainer/manager) is a gem - super sweet and tough (when she needs to be) and knowledgeable. You can contact her at the Almaden Curves at 408.927.0012.  Good luck and change stations now.

No comments:

Post a Comment